Monday, March 2, 2009

Sobre mis pensamientos.. esta noche de lunes de verano

Now, probably an unusual thing from myself, but I'd like to begin with some prose.


Arriving among the dew and rainbows of an odd winter morning,
stretching my arms, pulling a box of old material memories,
I came upon this horizon with a new blank page ready to fill in
with the names of faces and places.

The pen slowly etched a city of companions at my reach,
streets of joy, boulevards of energy,
alleys of pain, lanes of sorrow.
Then, dotted by the shadows of robust and tall standing structures,
I begin to breathe the city air.




Being a half-american, half-mexican, in a country as virtuous, active and enchanting this one, has been a tough test for my very essence. Back in the days in the city of flowers, where I grew up in, I had no idea what life was. I had a secluded childhood and teenagehood, away from the subcultures and experiences that I had only heard of from under the keyboard, behind the screen. My own life was just 'live and let live', and for a while it was good. But it carved some marks in my personality which are causing a lot of friction with my plans for the future. It's time I dropped that uneccessary load and fight.


Notwithstanding, THIS IS LIFE.
Never been so happy in my life, I guess. Despite the blinding and burning sun, and those days where I though I had reached a dead end, I think (I'd rather say I feel, but that would become just too subjective...) that I have never learned so much about myself and that I seriously belong here.

Now, it might just be a simple coincidence that the street in which I lived in back in Mexico is Eucalyptus Drive and that the pre-school institution that I used to go to was called El Canguro (The Kangaroo)... some are just surprised how "Australia's calling" became true.

Soundtrack: Death Cab for Cutie, Erik Satie, Jumbo

No comments:

Post a Comment