Wednesday, May 12, 2010

And those three words



This is possibly one of the most interesting music videos I've seen in the past months. The music, an interesting mix of house and pop, with a very slight hint of trance, is pretty cool. I normally look at "commercial" music as tasteless, but I guess I just take things in music with a very biased perspective, but every now and again, there is some good stuff out there. Of course, and taking into consideration the present nature of the artistic world at the moment, some of the music that is currently popular is just outrageous and ridiculous.

I guess what got me in this video is the visuals. The splitting images, the blending of the camera shots, and how everything seems to sit so naturally in place even if the cameras move in opposite direction, makes this video quite pleasing and engaging to the mind. It's like a diptych, but just with video. The creative part of myself is trying to piece the things together, trying to form some sort of meaning out of the plain but odd room featured there, with the people twirling around and with the very plastic appearance of the singers. But it may just not have any sense at all. Meh, it happens. It's art.

No comments:

Post a Comment