Friday, May 28, 2010

New discovery

Hello people.
I am in much better health than before, but I'm still not fully 100% back.

Just today I discovered a Japanese band: Boris. What a band name. And yes, by Japanese I don't only mean that they are awesome, absolutely insane to the extent that our western music standards of craziness are nothing in comparison to what those japs do every single day and consider the norm. Yep, you guessed it, they are from Japan. Damn! What a surprise...

Ok, no. They are something quite extra special, since they were invited to be featured artists in the Vivid Sydney Festival run this year. I discovered them in a brochure of the festival during breakfast. It featured all three members of the band holding double-necked guitars. And I thought: "Wow, that looks soo cool. I wonder what their music is like." I checked their MySpace site, and listened to their tracks.

I got blown away by firstly listening to this one:


And then, the floodgates open and I am completely entranced by the incredible sound they produce, even if they only have three members, even if there was actually only one double-necked guitar (the poster was deceiving!!):


I'm now addicted to their music. In less than 13 hours. It has been incredible!! I'm already considering buying music from my free-shipment music shop site of preference. Wow, damn, wwwwooooww!!! Really hot stuff right there.

And yeah, now I'm trying to get a job. The barista option is too unstable, too unfrequent, perhaps the nightfill shifts may come in handy once again. God it's that time coming back again.

I'll see ya peeps later, keep rocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment