Tuesday, December 29, 2009

You’ve got to be joking Australia

Ugh.

Bandwidth my ass

Once again I hit my bandwidth limit. My family, and specially me, is an active internet citizen. I use it way too much I think (well, what else would I do to entertain myself?). The connection itself when I am under the limit is perfect, quite fine. The problem arises when we hit the limit, then we really realize just how difficult it is to even do normal stuff on the internet, like FB or Youtube or stuff. What used to be an approximately 5 Mb/s connection becomes suddenly a 60Kb/s link. 60 Kb/s for Christ’s sake!!! That’s just like dial up! But it’s just worse since every single web page that I visit carries heaps of data.

And I thought that Australia was moving beyond the frontier of ADSL connections to what Europe, or even the USA, has. Of course, Australia is always inferior on being at the same level as those countries (no, Europe is not a country ok?) when it comes to technology and its use by consumers. What really grinds my gears is that Unlimited broadband Plans in Australia were all terminated about 2 years ago. I understand that heavy internet demand is a pain for ISPs, but it really shouldn’t be a semi-limit to our freedom of access to information. And specially now when internet websites are very multimedia-based, dial up just isn’t enough, not even fair for us.

Luckily, we’re right near the end of the month, so by NYE the connection speed will be established to normal conditions. Yay for good timing.

But, hey, what am I saying? I need to get out more often.

Happy New Year interzens (internet citizens).

No comments:

Post a Comment