Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dial-up is my death

Our family has gone beyond our bandwidth download limit… and we are back to good old 90’s internet surfing style.

I am actually amazed by how slow it takes to even load a page. At max. 30kbits/sec, any website that is filled with ads and flash banners are a killer to the loading time, it just takes ages to load. And images take a long time too.

Because I use Facebook quite a lot, even loading a page there is just disturbingly slow. Luckily there is a Lite version of the site, so I can still use Facebook with almost the same flexibility as the normal version. Of course, it does not load as fast so there is still some waiting time, albeit shorter.

But I’m still here, still blogging and all. And I should get cracking now with some chem.

No comments:

Post a Comment