Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When I arrive downtown...

IMG_1491
Something strange happens to me when I get to downtown Sydney, the CBD,
when I get off a bus, or ascend from the underground train,
my spirit elevates up high.

I suddenly become very happy,
quite ecstatic,
as if I was empowered by this unknown energy of warmth and joy.

And I smile.

And I laugh,

while everyone else is minding their own business and looking down at the pavement,
or typing madly into their Blackberries or iPhones.

IMG_1497

This happens to me just about every time I travel to downtown Sydney.
And I don't know why.

Oh, and today I bought Bibio's new album, "The Apple and The Tooth". The first songs are just incredible, musically junky and noisy but nonetheless very rhythmic and upbeat. And the remixes are really good as well, some of them aren't as good as the originals, but there are some that simply transform the songs they are based upon. I recommend this album only if you've heard Bibio's previous albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment