Monday, December 28, 2009

You’ve got to be joking…

Since the past 5 years I have been an avid listener to Last.Fm, what was once a free music streaming internet service that introduced me to tons of new music genres, artists and styles; completely revolutionizing my own musical spirit.

Sadly, today I discovered that I now have to pay for a subscription to use the service (unless I lived in UK, US or Deutschland, or used a crummy proxy). I was listening to some shoegaze artists, and suddenly this came up:

Thelastofthelastfm

And I was like

  (( ° Д °)’’’’’’’’’’’  oh crap oh crap oh crap

I’m screwed!! >.<  What am I going to use now that gives me the same flexibility as Last.Fm?? I checked out Libre.Fm, but it’s just not the same thing. Maybe I should go back to Myspace and do what my friend does, check the musicians’ friends to listen to more music. But it’s just, once again, not the same thing. I can’t get the same excitement and semi-randomness that Last.fm has.

So then… what’s next?

I should just shut up and pay for the goddamn thing, 3 bucks a month may not be too much. BUT I’M SO POOR RIGHT NOW. I guess I’ll go back to Myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment