Thursday, April 1, 2010

Problem...

Bad news guys, bad news.
A few dozens of posts ago, before I started this new chapter of my life in UNSW, I had a chest infection. It had developed from a bacterial infection that sparked a brief fever, and then pains in the thorax. I then had an antibiotic treatment, which seemed to be quite successful.

And it was all good and perfect until one day in the gym I realized my breathing pattern was very bizarre. I was on the treadmill and suddenly realized that my breathing, instead of being fast and rushy as it should be while running, was actually very slow, like normal breathing speed. But I would have to breathe in and exhale heaps of air. A med student, friend of mine, suggested I go to the doctor, in case the previous chest infection was still active and doing more harm.

I didn't go immediately. I had a pretty messy week and then had a cold, namely Fresher Fever. It went away relatively quick, but then I've had this cough and mucus problem. I don't feel sick at all, but I just cough up crap quite often. And it bothers me quite a lot since I cannot speak properly sometimes without first coughing.

I went to the doctor today and did the routine check up of the lungs and stuff. After some further analysis the doctor declared that I have pneumonia. Shit. The bacteria from last time were still very well and alive and messing up with my system, but even more. That explains the second cold, and why I'm still coughing.

This is really bad.

I'll be having further analysis, such as X-ray, to determine the severity of my affliction. And I will then go through the entirety of the treatment, which I think includes vaccines and antibiotics. But it seems pretty bad though. A month after the first infection is enough time for the bacteria to make a pretty bad mess of my lungs. We'll see how this develops. I just hopes it doesn't worsen and it doesn't interfere with my studies here at uni. God damn.

Yeah.
God Dammit. It's just ridiculous how one single thing can bring the future down to the ground.














HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY PEOPLE!!! I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I actually have a resurgence of asthma, which I had for a while when I was a tiny tiny person with no judgment and a brain like a sponge. Not much of a problem for me, I'll just have to carry this puffer around, and yeah, but meh. :)
It's all good people! XD

1 comment:

  1. Hey pase a saludarte, buen inicio de mes.. un abrazo!

    ReplyDelete