Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another dream...

IMG_8640I slept for nearly 10 hours (god, I'm such a sinner) after working with a friend to work out a switch for an engineering project last night. It was a complete success.

I dreamt of being in Chile. CHILE. I've never ever been to that part of the world, although I'd like to go an visit some time. But somehow, I knew I was in Chile. And I remember driving over gravel roads in what seemed to be jeep of sorts. The view was amazing. The city looked very picturesque, and the people looked southern-american enough. And people talked in their corresponding chilean-accent. So I knew for sure that I was there.

However, in that beauty and charm, the people appeared sad and depressed. I remember talking to this butcher, who was a bit busy at the moment when I approached him, 'Sí, disculpa, le atiendo en un segundo' (Yes, I'm sorry, just a minute). I realized that when food appears in my dreams I'm hungry in real life. But that's not the point. Everyone around me looked really down and sad, even if they were living in an idyllic location. The butcher sounded really distant in tone, however was respectful and served me appropriately afterwards.

And later I came across a family of Americans, who were living their lives joyfully and without regard of anyone else. Of course, I approached a few of the family members and learned that they originated from a state that starts with M...Montana?.. Minnesota? Something like that. There were some kids there, and a bunch of guys in bright red and navy blue American football suits, with their helmets on, all ready to play. One of the kids there had a red flashlight, with my name on it! I then just asked her, 'Hey, that's mine, give it back.' I've never owned a red flashlight before, but this one in particular had my name written on labels all over it.

It seemed like the Sun was about to disappear into the horizon. It's that kind of feeling when the sky is bright but the Earth is dark, when the air is sharp and full of energy as if getting ready to let the night settle in. It was strange feeling.

Then I could hear beats, as those coming from dance songs, entering my dream. (people were playing music in rooms adjacent or near to mine).
I knew it was time to wake up, it was freaking late.
And I knew I was starving.


>>Unrelated, but today I just heard news that The Chemical Brothers are going to launch a new album on 7th June. I'm so excited!! I can't wait to hear what new sounds those electronic music masters have created, they never cease to amuse me album after album.

No comments:

Post a Comment