Monday, January 11, 2010

Shoegazing

Yeah, it's that time again. About two years ago I got a PSP Go!Cam for my PSP (duh) and filmed just about anything. But mostly, I filmed train trips, documenting the scenery flying past the window. Sounds like trainspotting? Meh, camera-users go through that phase. Making videos out of them? Meh, camera-users do that too. So finally I used some film that was taken 2 years ago and put them to accompany a piece of shoegaze music by the almost unnoticeable one-man-band The Sight Below. This song comes from his latest album Glider.


Yeah, go ahead and complain about my poor taste in music. Bwahahah.
No, seriously. It took me just as long to make this film. I had trouble using the appropriate song for it. My original plan was to use a Philip Glass piece, but it would be just too long and over-repetitive. There was a time when I needed to get more footage. And then I decided to choose The Sight Below. Firstly, because I dig his stuff. Secondly, that guy might need some help spreading his works. TSB is unusual for me, as I try to expand my musical taste. TSB blends in ambient music with a thumpy dance beat that really produces something out of the ordinary. It's like ambient, but just not that boring (I mean, ambient music is boring if you listen to it with full attention. Ambient music was not intended for such attention, listen to it accordingly hahahaha (so in other words, ambient is awesome but only for the trained listeners)). So there it goes, another video that I promised to deliver. I wonder what I'll do next this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment