Saturday, March 13, 2010

Perdido en la ciudad

StillI was coming back to college yesterday and the traffic onto the bridge was appalling. I had never experienced so much traffic while driving. My GPS was barking at me in an Australian accent to head over to the Eastern Distributor, but I knew it was going to be just as congested as the bridge. After juggling turns and following retraced routes for half an hour, I surrendered and let the GPS guide me home.

The sun light was just barely going past the sharp-edged edifices of the city, and the air was frozen still. Cars rumbled by, as if enraged by the dying of the day and fighting for each passing second. At least I wasn't suffering from road stress, and I still had a long night ahead, so I could take as long as I wanted to get back home.

Near the Cross, I came to a traffic light and took out my camera. I knew that with such a strong low angle sunlight, many objects would appear starkly dark, and that it would look cool if photographed. Without thinking too much, I pressed the shutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment