Sunday, March 28, 2010

tres seis cinco (365)

When I started uploading my photographs onto Flickr, I thought that perhaps doing a photography project would be a fine way on perfecting my skills as an amateur photographer.
And one day I came across a photography project called the 365 Project.
Basically, it's all about taking a picture of yourself, a self-portrait to be precise, every day for an entire year.
It sounds like a great idea at first, but then it becomes a struggle to keep it up as the weeks go by and things happen and come along in the way.

I have to admit it.
I totally suck at taking portraits. But most of my suckiness is because I never really got the chance to actually do it, to actually test my skills and learn about such photographic format.

But the 365 project gave me an idea of how to do it. The only difference from normal portraiture is that I was the subject. So I had to learn about and appreciate my body and face from a photographer's perspective. Too bad I'm not photogenic.

It was a bit hard at first, then it went along smoothly, but then it went bad towards the end.
As I started university, I completely broke off from the project's rules. I stopped taking pictures of myself, I just didn't have the time to do it properly.

However, I learned quite a lot about the art of portraits within the scope of photography. It was quite a lot of fun, but it wasn't easy. I'd like to think that I am now able to take a portrait of another person, but I seriously just wouldn't know for sure. It'll just have to happen one day for me to realize of what I've learned.

Hence, I give you a few samples, perhaps the ones that turned out good, of the project that I began on the 19th of August 2009, and abruptly finished on the 29th of February 2010. Enjoy.





001
011
024
035
036
149
074
070
135
148

No comments:

Post a Comment